I agree to participate at the event in which I am entering on the following basis:
1. The event is defined as a powerlifting competition held at Burley Strength Gym, Canberra.
2. I accept all risks necessarily arising from my participation in the event which would result in loss of life or permanent injury:
a. Accordingly I release all people associated with the conduct of events from, and will indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with my participation in the events.
b. The people released include event organisers, promoters, sponsors, managers, namely the Burley Strength Gym and all of their respective owners, directors, employees, agents, contractors and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel.
c. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors and personal representatives including family members.
3. I permit photographs of me at the event to be used by Burley Strength on social media sites such as Facebook and powerlifting forums ('social media') and the affiliated Burley Strength websites ('powerlifting websites') for promotion of the sport unless I have otherwise stipulated in writing to Burley Strength Unit 9, 145-147 Gladstone St, Fyshwick or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. I understand that by competing and or attending at the event photographs of me may be taken by participants, coaches and /or audience members and I acknowledge the occurrence of same.
5. I understand that the taking and/or uploading of photographs and/or videos of me at the event to social media by participants and attendees of the event from their own technological devices is not in the control of Burley Strength and I acknowledge that they are not liable for the publication of content involving me or the comments associated with same on social media.
6. I agree to abide by all the rules which relate in part to safe and fair competition practices. I acknowledge that if a Burley Strength official determines that I have acted in breach of the rules the appropriate disciplinary measures in accordance with the rules can be enforced.
7. I acknowledge that competing in such an event involves a real risk of injury or risk of death from various causes including over exertion, dehydration, a failed attempted lift, exposure to lifting/pushing/squatting or pulling an amount of weight to the limits of my strength that by its very nature could result in injury(s).
8. I understand that I should not participate in such an event unless I have prepared appropriately and my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner who has not advised me otherwise.
9. I permit biological details relevant to the event such as my name, age, weight and lift attempts to be disclosed as part of the results posted on social media and/or powerlifting websites.
10. I warrant that I will inspect the event platforms, equipment, warm up area, apparatus or other supplied items used in or related to the conduct of the event ('the staging of the event') prior to competing. I agree that I will not participate in the event unless I am completely satisfied with the adequacy and condition of the staging of the event.
11. The safety precautions undertaken by event organisers (such as equipment checks, pin height and face saver measurements, supplying official spotters and loaders) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
12. I understand that all competition entries are non-refundable. Entries may be transferred to another competition on the Burley Strength calendar only when notification of the transfer request is received in writing at least 3 weeks (21 days) before the competition date.
I certify that I am 18 years of age or older, or that I am the parent/guardian of the participant competing and that I have read this document and fully understand it.